2400W Isolated Toroidal Voltage Converter TP
- Buy 2 for $615.00 each and save 1%
The handy 8ZED Isolated Toroidal Step Down Transformer is a Voltage Converter made to endure extreme operating conditions and run 24/7
Standard Voltage Converters allow you to run American appliances off Australian Mains Power..
Simply plug this Step Down Transformer into your Australian Mains Power outlet in your home or at work, connect your American appliance to the outlet sockets, switch on the Transformer and away you go.
Many thousands of 8ZED Step Down Transformers are in use around Australia and New Zealand since 2007. 8ZED Transformers are supplied to US Government Consulate General in Australia. 8ZED are a highly reliable and economical solution for for most domestic and commercial applications.
- Run 120V AC Appliances from 240V AC Mains Power
- Safe and robust
- Simple no fuss! Just plug in and switch on
- Compact space saving design
- Longer lasting pressed metal pin sockets
- Durable heavy duty build
- Easy portability - fitted with carry strap
- Fast delivery to your door
- Product Code: STIS-2400TP
- Type: Autotransformer
- Input Voltage: 230V-240V AC
- Input Frequency: 50Hz
- Input Fuse: 10A
- Output connection: UL Approved 3 pin socket suits either 2 pin, 2 pin keyed and 3 pin US plugs
- Output Voltage: 110-120V AC
- Output Frequency: 50Hz
- Continuous Output: 2400 Watts
- Maximum Output over 24/7 Period: 2400 Watts
- Dimensions: 32 x 24 x 19 cms (LxWxH)
- Weight: 17.5 Kgs
- Input Cable Length: 0.6M
- Colour: White
- Dyson Vacuum cleaners with the following DC39, DC38I, DC26 ,DC37,DC25,DC41,DC33, DC40,DC28
- Dyson Vacuum series such as , Animal complete , Multi floor
- Vitamix Blenders such as the Pro 500 , 5200 , Pro 750 , Pro 200 , Pro 300 and CIA Series
- Vita prep VM10089 requires the STIS-3000TP
- Blendtec Classic Blenders
- Ninja Mega Kitchen System
- Nutribullet 600W, 900W
- Nutribullet RX
- Sharkclean , Shark Rotator and Shark Navigator Vacuum Cleaners such as
- Rotator models NV500 , NV400 , NV450 , MV3010. Navigator models SV1100 , NV100 , NV22 , NV350
- Sebo Vacuum cleaner such as 9577AM , 9559AM , 9807AM Felix , Sebo Airbelt D4 , 90641AM , 90640AM and Prolux 7000
- Oreck Commercial CC28 ComVac
- 24 Months
Choosing the right Step Down Voltage Converter for your American or Japanese appliance:
- What size converter do you need?
First we must establish what is the total power draw in watts specified on your 110~120V USA or 100V JAPANESE appliance?
On Most appliances there will be 3 sets of numbers which should be displayed as follows:
“Input 120V 60Hz and either xx Amps or xx Watts”
As long as you have 2 of these values you can calculate the third - please use the calculator above.
- What is your appliance? Will your appliance be used for a brief period or running continuously?
All step down converters in the 8ZED Range, have two power ratings. The 1st rating is for 1 hour use or less, the 2nd power rating is for over an hour or continuous use. These are safety power rating parameters to ensure the converter runs cool and lasts for many years.
Many users tend to hide the converter away behind appliances or in cupboards (in some cases not allowing adequate airflow) hence it is important to adhere to the recommended air flow safety allowances to avoid overheating.
Example: If your appliance states 120V 60Hz and 6.15A then the max current draw will be, 120 x 6.15 = 738watts. The best matched transformer in this case is the ST-1000, but if powering for over an hour then select the ST-1500 or STIS-1000TP.
- Does your appliance have a motor, pump, heating element or compressor?
Appliances including one of these elements may require a larger transformer model than indicated by the power draw specification. These high power surge elements have large start up power requirements. Typically, you should select a transformer 3 to 6 times the stated power draw.
If unsure - Contact Live Support or call 1300 799 455 for further assistance.
- Is your appliance two pin or three pin?
All 8ZED Step Down Converters have the universal socket to suit all three variables. Two pin, Two pin Keyed “one pin is thicker” and the Three pin “two flat one round”
- Why won’t my appliance plug in?
All 8ZED Stepdown converters are manufactured using high quality pressed metal pin sockets and in the initial instances of usage a slight amount of force will be required to plug your appliance in.
- What about the frequency of 60Hz to 50Hz?
What this means in regards to your appliance.
In cases of motors they will turn 8~10% slower. So in case of fridges the temperature will be slightly higher hence the need to adjust the sensor to the next adjustment. Many items with speed controls are not affected, such as sewing machines and most turn tables. In minor cases there are “digital” speed controllers used on turntables which will be affected.
Home AV receivers are mostly immune but in some cases and field studies there are some chipsets that control the Video signal that are affected. One example is Onkyo AV Receivers which cannot sync picture to the TV.
For Game Consoles, please seek further assistance, as each console is different. In some cases a converter cannot be used.
Now for all the cooks, Kitchenaid mixers , all KSM 150 series ie: the general ones, you will need the ST-500.
For all the Kitchenaid Pro’s you will need the ST-1000.